Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Good New Information

I think the real power in a blog like this is that it has the ability to connect people with a shared interest. There is a loosely connected network of people all along the east coast that have found the types of stone structures I've found in this area. When you connect all of these loose threads together a much clearer vision of this archaeological phenomena appears.

I've been communicating with Norman M. recently and he has pointed out other important places on the Internet where sites have been documented. His Neara article on Rochester Vermont documents an area where a large number of well preserved cairns exist. He also shared a good PowerPoint slideshow that documents large cairns on Overlook Mountain (click on the link at the bottom)in New York State.

1 comment:

theseventhgeneration said...

This is so true! I've learned there is another site over here (to the east) that I haven't seen yet. I know approximately where it is located. This new site would continue the north/south line of cairns, in the Afton area, further south, closer to PA. If I draw a line on a map, they connect to a cairn site, posted on another rock pile blog, that is in Monroe County, PA. I'll scan some maps and send them to you.